Monday, January 24, 2011

MAC's 'Honeylove' Lipstick & Look.

I recently purchased 'Honeylove' from MAC's permanent lipstick line and I'm currently obsessed! I kept reading about it on various blogs and since I'm a nude-lipstick-lover I was tempted to try it out and I'm so glad that I did!


Honeylove now seems to be one of the perfect nudes any Doll can have in her collection. It's not pale such as, Myth or Hue, but more of a beige-rose toned color which works a lot better. It's the kind of color you can wear on a night out and can easily be worn during the day. The lipstick's finish is matte, which personally I like cause it can give lips a fuller and sexier look. If though you don't like matte finishes, you can always moisturize your lips with a balm before applying lipstick or simply top the lipstick with a coat of lip gloss.


I would definitely buy Honeylove once I'm out of it! It has rightfully won a place amongst my other favorites.

Along with swatching the lipstick in the photos I wanted to showcase a look I love pairing it with. An easy everyday look, hope you all like it! Kisses Dolls!








What I'm wearing

Face:
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW25
- L'Oreal True Match Make Up
- YSL Matte Touch Primer
- YSL Top Secret Primer
- Tommy G Compact Powder in no.605 (for contouring)
- MAC Blush in "Pink Swoon"
- Radiant Illuminator  in "White"
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in "Medium Plus"

Eyes:
- YSL Ombres Quadrilumiers #1 (light pink all over lid and brown blended into the crease and upwards)

- MAC Paint in "Bare Canvas"
- YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara
- Sephora Black Eyeliner

Lips:
- MAC Lipliner in "Subculture"
- MAC Lipstick in "Honeylove"


9 comments:

  1. What a pretty lipstick!

    How do you like YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara? I've just recently started using it but I'm not fond of it right now. I've heard it gets better after some times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!first of all thanks for the comment !
    second:how beautiful can u possibly be!your skin is perfect and that lipstick looks amazing on you!i wish colors like that look good on me as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dolls for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

    @Gaby: I've been using the YSL mascara for years now and I like it a lot! True, once you open it, the formula is a bit watery but after a few uses as it comes to contact with air, the formula thickens. Then only downfall is that the mascara dries out fast, but a couple of drops of baby oil does the trick. Also I never use it on my lower lashes as it always smudges with my concealer.

    @Nells: Thank you so much Doll, your so sweet! I'm sure nude colors will work for you, you just have to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was my first MAC lipstick i think, i wore it everyday! it looks so good with oak lip liner and nars turkish delight on top

    ReplyDelete
  5. what base color are you in mac?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's ur skin color? Do u think this lipstick would look good on a c40 studio fix skin tone mac

    ReplyDelete